Friday, December 30, 2011

Highlights of my 2011

5. Win a game.
Finally! After a year of waiting, the UBE GIRLS BB TEAM are in it to win it. I only played a game the whole sports fest. Luckily, we won. I only scored two points with a fade-away jumper but I was satisfied with it. I focused more on defensing and looking to help my team mates inside the court, I know for myself I'm not that good at shooting compared to others that's why I only take my chances when I know it's a high percentage shot. We defeated the freshmen with the score: 34-19.



My team fell short and we only landed third place. I still love my girls, we all did our best. Hopefully, next year, I'd have a chance to improve my skills more and in God's will, I also hope that our team will take home the crown for our final year. More of the pictures here

4. Good Grades.
I'm so thankful that my hard work paid off. It was clearly shown in my grades, please forgive me for being boastful, it's just that I'm so thankful that I finally achieved the improvement I'm waiting for, THANK GOD!


I can say it's a good mixture of faith, luck, and reward of studying harder. My grandmother (Owa) was so happy about the good news and also my uncle and tita who are responsible for my educational fees. I wish I could maintain my ascending GWA over the semesters. I need to strive harder and never lose focus I hope I can sustain this good momentum. A blog entry related to the whole sem experience here

3. A two-day escapade with my beloved High School Friends. April 30, 2011 and May 1, 2011
It was a bigtime treat by Palamara Camille's Mother, Tita Caren. My High School Friends didn't changed, except that some of them are now into smoking (Well, it's not a big deal for me but yeahh) and some really looked mature. We never ran out of stories and topics to share and talk about. That goes to show how much we missed one another's presence.

It took us about 2 hours to reach the destination, La Virgnia Resort. The resort offered a cozy place to relax and unwind. We started swimming after we had our lunch. Hunger was the only thing that makes us stop to swim and rest a bit. What I enjoyed most is the night swimming and view of the Metro in the resort during the night. City lights amuse my eyes, really. We eventually got tired of floating and swimming so we decided to take a good and quick shower to prepare for the dinner and of course, the drinking session! Tita Caren came and brought us Pizzas and chicken and desserts to make our tummies full before drowning ourselves to alcohol and stuff.

My friends and I had heart-to-heart talks while drinking, sharing of ghost stories like kids, exchanging our own student nurse experiences (most of us are taking up Nursing, that's why) and of course, having those laugh trips that makes the night prettier than ever.







The day after, we headed to Tagatay (Picnic Grove) then quickly travelled back to Manila and had our late lunch at Dampa in Pasay. Tita Caren shared words of wisdom and advice to all of us. I really admire her generosity, kindness and love for her daughter. I went back home with a smile with the memories of having the time to bond with my friends who were there for me since then.

2. Laguna Outing/Reunion with my relatives from my mother's side. (May 21, 2011 - May 22, 2011. Los Baños, Laguna)


I had my fair share of quality time with the persons I grew up with and whom I missed a lot. We're almost complete that day. Only few failed to come because of work and other personal reasons but it was still fun as ever! It was an event initiated by one of my uncles as part of his thanksgiving and at the same time grab the opportunity of having our summer getaway.


My cousins who are all (almost) the same age as mine enjoyed Night Swimming and games. Ate Cessa and I won the Pinoy Henyo Challenge, we had P500 each as our prize. Of course, an outing wouldn't be complete without delicioso foods! We're also blessed to have a bigtime treat of alcoholic beverages to make the night younger. Tons of Tanduay Ice, The Bar, San Mig Light, and last but not the least, Boracay Rum.




All of us (cousins and I) got drunk like a boss making the inner camera whores and frustrated singers in us be out and wild! Alcohol makes my confidence fly up high, enough for me to sing out loud and have my first 100 score in Videoke.

We partied 'til dawn and had the time to bond with each other after a long time. The day after sucks because of hangover but the good times to reminisce are enough to fill me in with amazing memories! Related Blog Entry Here

1. 18th Birthday. July 2011.
It's a perfect day and nothing's standing in my way. I had a simple celebration of my 18th birthday in our home. I enjoyed the day with my family, friends and loved ones. It's 2011. I want to keep it with austerity. Yes, being 18 as a girl turning into a woman is a milestone but you don't need to spend much for just a single day. I prefer saving the money instead of looking it pass by in just a day.


My lola prepared my favorite foods, Kare-kare, Carbonara, Sisig and all the yummy foods in my list. I already treated my friends few days beforehand. We watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in Robinson's Place Manila and went to G-Box to play a little. That's why my most of the guests in my birthday are my relatives. My cousins, bestbud and I had a mini-drinking session. We didn't drank to the extent of being thrown up because we all have our respective classes the day after.



My celebration over-all was a blast! It's just that I still feel a bit lonely 'cause I miss my Dad, Tito Edel and Lolo Bert but I know they're happy watching me from up above. I'm that kind of person, plain and practical so to speak. I'm thankful and full of gratitude that God continues to guide and shower me with blessings throughout the years. Time to mature and change for the better. Legal age! Oyes! Finally!! Related post here

No comments:

Post a Comment