Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

Before sharing stories on how my Christmas this year with my family has been, I'd like to share my wonderful experience of Simbang Gabi. I failed to complete it all but I'm still glad I attended at least one, and that is the first day (12/16/2011) I woke up early with the excitement in me, there were no vacant seats for me and my lola so we stayed outside the church while hearing the mass. As expected, many people are there to witness the first of the 9 masses as part of preparing for the celebration most of Pinoys are looking forward to. Of course, after the mass is the awaited Puto Bumbong + Bibingka Special Take-out! Yummy Breakfast at a cold morning! :)


Let's fast forward on the events. Hours before the Noche Buena, we attended a mass at the nearest church in our home. We arrived at the church early so we would have our seats. There's still a lot of people, specially outside. The mass was fun and full of thoughts to ponder. Father (the priest) read a letter of one frequent church goer and his admirer, Tweetums (Perpetuita is her real name) I don't know if the letter is real or it was just made for the mass but nevertheless, it captured people's attention and lighten things up further in the mass.

After the mass, we then headed back home and prepared for Noche Buena. Then, the clock strikes Twelve! The awaited celebration starts! We prayed first, greet Him a Happy Birthday and started the cheat day for my diet! My lola prepared Asado, Pancit Canton, Kaldereta, Embutido, Arroz Valenciana and Leche Flan for the family. :) After all the eating and drinking (no, we didn't consumed any alcohol this day) we hit the sack for us to wake up early and prepare for the visitors (relatives, friends and MY INAANAKS that would come)




The day was filled with stories, joys and laughter shared. I also received some gifts and aguinaldos from my ninong and ninangs and tito and titas. Good way to fill up my wallet and closet! :P I really liked and I am thankful for all the presents. My favorites were my Slytherin shirt from bestbud and the chocolates from my kumare. :)

I ended the day with a simple prayer. Christmas 2011 is a simple yet fun celebration of the birth of our savior Jesus Christ. He was born to save us. His special day is more than enough to make people happy and be a symbol to love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment